Monday 26 August 2013

Cream cheese, chive, garlic & sundried tomato stuffed chicken breasts

OMG, just the name of this dish makes my mouth water.  It's a fantastic dish to wow your dinner guests without requiring too much effort.  Pretty easy really.  My family certainly enjoys it!

4 chicken breasts
1 block of cream cheese
2 cloves of garlic
decent bunch of fresh chives
4-5 sundried tomatoes (I used semi-sundried)
1 tomato sliced (optional)
few sage leaves (optional)

Stuffing mix:
Finely chop your garlic, chives and sundried tomatoes



 Add your cream cheese and mix well

Cut a poeket into each chicken breast.  Doesn't really matter where you do it or how, just be careful not to cut all the way through the breast - you just want a pocket.  I just used a paring knife. My chicken breasts were really big and plump so I cut them in half and then made a pocket.
Placed 1 - 2 heaped teaspoons of cream cheese mixture into each pocket of each chicken breast.  Don't overfill, just so its not spewing out of the pocket.
Place each breast in a lined baking tray and place a slice of tomato on top of each breast and 1 or 2 sage leaves (this is optional.  As you can see from my pic, I skipped the sage as my sage plant is not doing so great at the moment)
Bake in a hot oven (about 200 degrees) for approx 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.  Just gently slice your fattest chicken breast to check that it is cooked through (and serve that one to yourself lol)

I served mine with fresh steamed veggies, mashed pumpkin and potato wedges.  Homemade potato wedges are so easy to make!  Why not try it yourself? (instructions below)


Potato Wedges
Washed potatoes
Olive oil
Salt & pepper
mixed herbs (optional)

Scrub your potatoes well and slice into wedges - you can peel them if you like, but I like the skins left on mine
Place into a mixing bowl (I cheated and used a freezer bag cause I'm lazy, I wanted to save on washing up and I was storing them for cooking later in the day).  Add a decent lug of olive oil, a decent sprinkling of salt & pepper and a dash of mixed herbs.

Give it all a good mix up (or shake in my case) then spread them evening on a lined baking tray


Bake in a hot oven (200 degrees) for approx 40 minutes or until they are looking pretty golden and yum. Give them a turn or a shake about half way through cooking.
Voila: Perfect wedges ready to be served.  Divine with some sour cream and sweet chilli sauce!



No comments:

Post a Comment