Sunday 18 August 2013

Gluten free Apple & Mulberry Crumble: GF, Egg free, sugar free

I was reading some posts on www.wholefoodsimply.com and found this fabulous recipe for Apple Crumble  - http://www.wholefoodsimply.com/apple-crumble/

I decided it looked pretty great so decided to make it, with a few tweaks of my own.

I basically used the original recipe however:-

  • I used almonds instead of walnuts because I just don't like walnuts.
  • I added some rolled oats to the crumble mix (and an extra 10g of butter)
  • I used a combination of granny smith, red delicious and pink lady apples. 
  • I added a whole heap of mulberries to the mix
  • I added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the fruit mix for a little extra sweetness of the good kind.  
  • I used normal dried, pitted dates as I didn't have medjool dates in the cupboard.
  • I cooked the whole lot in one large dish.

I made some gorgeous custard to serve it with and I got the thumbs up from the whole family.  This was simply delicious and, aside from the butter in the crumble (which can be substituted with coconut oil), this was a very healthy and naturally sweet dessert (well, it was until I added the custard). lol

Thanks wholefoodsimply!

No comments:

Post a Comment