Thursday 15 August 2013

GF Pasta with Creamy Tomato Vodka Sauce

I was wanting a quick and easy recipe for dinner, so I decided to try this and it turned out fabulous!  I used my Thermomix so this recipe is for a Thermomix.

1 onion
1 clove of garlic
Handful of fresh herbs - parsley, basil, oregano & thyme
35g butter
75g vodka
2 tins of diced tomatoes
dash of cream
Salt & Pepper
GF Pasta

First things first, boil the kettle and get it on the stove ready for the pasta.  I used this gorgeous amaranth and rice penne I get from my friends at Willowvale Organics.  Get that cooking in accordance with the packet instructions.


Chop the onion, garlic & herbs - Speed 7, 5 seconds.
Scrape down the bowl, add butter and saute with measuring cap off - Varoma, speed soft - 5 minutes
Add vodka and saute with measuring cap off - Varoma, speed soft, 5 minutes
Add tomatoes and seasonings - 100 degreees, speed soft, 10 minutes
Add cream - speed 3, 10 seconds

Serve over drained pasta and sprinkle with parmesan.  Yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment